I had heard mention over at "The Angry Chicken" that Amy Karol's new book was out. As we were making our weekly trip to the library I saw it sitting there in the new book section. I immediately grabbed it for myself to check it out,...literally.
I have found so many reasons to like this book.
- The first is that it's honest. She tells you why she thinks you will like various techniques and why one would not. You know exactly what to expect.
- The second is that these projects are so imaginative but very useful at the same time.
- I have always wanted to learn how to transfer patterns onto fabric. There are a variety of techniques that Amy uses and I can understand them. It isn't artist speak. It's for people like me. The non-technical sort.
- I feel that I can take these techniques and apply them to a variety of different ideas and objects around my home and closet.
A couple of projects I can't wait to do are:
- Creating my own fabric sheets
- The lunch bag will be one of the first things I accomplish.
- The watercolor tote is fabulous and there are so many design ideas running through my head right now. I feel the sketchbooks coming off the shelf very soon.....like any minute now.
- Love the removing dye with a bleach pen.
- The whole cloth quilt to let my sudo, artsy self let loose.
- Drawing with thread. Does anyone know how much yarn and thread I have? The possibilities are endless, well only as long as I don't run out of thread. A yarny bag will be completed by next weeked.
Amy Karol has done it again with "Bend the Rules with Fabric." An absolute must have which is now on my Loveables list.