There was a knock at the door. As I walked to the kitchen to see who it was, I could clearly see that it was my baby girl Mimi. Odd that she wouldn't use her house key but then I saw her holding something.
When I opened the door I saw CAKE ! Oh how I love cake and the message was clear.
One year ago I founded Audrey Press to publish a happy little book about the fox family that lives in our yard. Little did I know the journey that would unfold and the life changing path this would open.
Though I hadn't even remembered the anniversary, my children had, and just as their mother had taught them, we need to celebrate the little moments.
And celebrate we did!
- My mother and the children's Grandma for being the wonderful person that she was. Audrey Press is named after her. I feel her with me every day in my new found world of book creating.
- Our foxes and how they've grown and expanded as a family.
- Our gratitude for meeting so many wonderful people: our online friends, our friends in bookstores and schools throughout the past year.
- Building a life around our passions, books being high up on the list.
- The incredible people who work and create at Audrey Press. They truly make life a magical journey.
Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to share all of the incredible things happening at Audrey Press, but for the moment we just need to party. To celebrate our one year anniversary, we're holding a birthday bash sale of $10 copies of The Fox Diaries. Just click on the widget below.