Maybe over the last few months you've noticed that I haven't been here as frequently as I use to. Maybe you've noticed I haven't been able to stop by and visit like I use to and all of this has a wonderfully great reason. Over the past year I've been holed up in my studio creating an ultimate and incredible book adventure into the pages of our favorite childhood story Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
The Ultimate Guide To Charlie And The Chocolate Factory is just that: a Guide. A step by step roadmap to a magical world the whole family can enjoy:
- Over 20 Crafts and Activities that not only entertain, but educate. Ever wonder where chocolate comes from? Or how gum is made? Conduct experiential activities in the areas of crafting, cooking, and game-playing as well as exploring many facets of candy production.
- A story filled with beautiful graphic illustrations including tantalizing Treasure Maps and vibrant tutorials.
- A chance to “meet” original Willy Wonka author himself, Roald Dahl.
- The option to take Charlie's journey over the course of several days or take shorter journeys if you wish.
- The creation of a new ritual of reading time with your family and the opportunity to experience the reading of this imaginative tale as a group activity, not a solitary event.
A unique collaboration between myself, the very talented graphic artist Roscoe Welply and the ever talented editor Bernadette Emerson. We intentionally created Willy Wonka's world ,which leaps off the page and coaxes you and your family to immerse yourselves into this world of inventions, concoctions, and adventure.
Re-awaken the passion and idea of “jumping” inside the pages of this book with the knowledge that each chapter is a gateway into a magical world.
Today I am beyond excited to share this with you, and you must know that you're the first to have a sneak peak. We haven't even announced it yet to the rest of the world. That comes later this week.
It will release in the Spring of 2012. Currently we are looking for people to review the book. If you are interested in doing so, please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be on the advanced notice list sign-up here.
From Audrey Press:
Inspired by the love of a good story, some imagination, a sense of adventure and a good dose of curiosity, children and the adults who care for them can take flight into one of our most beloved books, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
The Ultimate Guide presents several experiential activities in the areas of crafting, cooking, and game-playing as well as exploring many facets of candy production, and meeting the author himself, Roald Dahl. Each step and activity leads us further into the story to bring more and more of it to life, leaving a lasting impression of an adventure and journey shared.
If you have a minute please have a look at our book trailer. Enjoy and thank you always for being here.